Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond.
—Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote, 1605
Let’s face it…our teeth our valuable! Have you ever tried eating corn on the cob without them?
We all hopefully do what it takes to keep them healthy: brush them, floss them, and even whiten them!
These good oral hygiene habits will serve you well all of your life. Having a healthy mouth means a healthier you! And good oral hygiene helps fight gum disease.
Gum disease can wreak havoc in your mouth and sometimes you don’t even know it’s happening! Here are some steps you can take to help reduce or prevent gum disease.
How to Prevent Gum Disease
- Get regular professional dental cleanings
- Use a soft toothbrush and replace it at least every four months
- Brush your teeth twice a day or, better yet, after every meal or snack
- Floss at least once daily
- Use an oral rinse to help reduce plaque between your teeth
- Consider supplementing brushing and flossing with an interdental cleaner, such as a dental pick or dental stick specially designed to clean between your teeth
- Don’t rely on tartar-control toothpaste to do the job that brushing and flossing should
- and don’t forget to brush that tongue!
Brushing your tongue is critical in reducing the bacteria that can lead to gum disease. TUNG Brush and TUNG Gel are specifically designed for effectively cleaning your tongue leaving you with a healthier mouth. And remember, a healthier mouth means a healthier you!