O.K. it’s time for more cool facts about your amazing body! Who knew your body was so incredible! Well, now you know, and here are some more incredible facts to dazzle your friends with…
- Did you know that blood is 6 times thicker than water?
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
- The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
- Your right lung is bigger than left lung! Why? So your heart can fit, of course!
- Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
- You burn more calorie while sleeping than watching TV.
- Almost half of total bones in human body are in hands & feet.
- The hyoid bone in your throat is the only bone in your body which is not attached to another bone.
- There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in each human.
- The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat everyday.
- The ear in human body has over 25,000 tiny hair cells to help us hear each and every sound!
- Have you heard ever heard the word glabella? It is the space between your eyebrows!
- Borborygmi is the noise or sound which our stomach makes when we are hungry! In other words, the GROWL!
Well, this list could go on and on, because our bodies are just THAT COOL, but we’ll stop here for now. We hope you learned something fun to add to your trivia repertoire. And don’t forget…brush that tongue of yours and keep not just your tongue, but your whole body healthy!