Sunday, June 19th is Father’s Day, the day we let Dad sleep in, watch whatever he wants on TV and just relax! As we all struggle with “what to get the dad who has everything”, we at Tung Brush and Gel thought we would give you an idea for treating dad that has nothing to do with ties, tools, or toys.
Of course, the best gift you can give dad is your time, whether is it the time spent on a homemade card or the time it takes to mow the lawn or wash the car for him. Dads spend a lot of time during the summer months keeping moms out of the hot kitchen by firing up the barbecue, so how about letting him know how much he is appreciated by whipping up a healthy, but yummy, breakfast in bed for him!
Here is a recipe for a Breakfast Frittata* he is sure to love (kids, be sure to have your mom help with this!):
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
- Olive oil spray
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups chopped ham
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup low fat cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Spray a medium sized ovenproof casserole dish or baking tin with olive oil.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl, season to taste, then pour into the greased pan.
- Throw in the ham, tomatoes and parsley and top with the grated cheese.
- Cook for around 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve it with his favorite juice or coffee and set the tone for the rest of his special day!
Then, go ahead – mow the lawn, give him that tie and homemade card and, if you really want to give him a healthy gift – give him a long, big bear hug and tell him how much you love him – your love is the best gift you can give him!
From all of us at Tung Brush and Gel – Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!
Recipe Source: www.losebabyweight.com.au