Everyone all pumped up from last time? Remember, we talked about ways to boost your self-confidence and take on goals or tasks that you felt were out of reach. By now, hopefully, you have thought of things you always wanted to accomplish and have started to take those baby steps towards gaining that positive “can do” attitude. As we said before, it isn’t easy, and we don’t expect that you went out and climbed Mount Everest or finished that novel just yet. But maybe you bought the pair of hiking boots or the ream of paper to get you going.
The TUNG Brush and Gel team is confident that the keys to becoming more self-confident and increasing self-esteem can be within your reach, so here are some more tips to help you along the way:
- Get to know yourself: You are your own worst enemy, so get introspective. Think about what you do well, what you like to do, what you dislike and what you think your barriers are.
- Keep a journal: Once you have an idea of your strengths and weaknesses, write things down. Amazingly, when we see things in written form we tend to focus on our thoughts and analyze them better than just maintaining random, disorganized thoughts.
- Be prepared: The late great tennis star Arthur Ashe once said, “One important key to success is self-confidence. A key to self-confidence is preparation.” The more you concentrate on preparing for whatever your goals are, the more likely you will be in succeeding.
- Speak slowly: The more deliberate you are when you express yourself, the more confident you will become. You will command more attention from your audience, formal or informal, and you will exude preparation and confidence.
- Increase competence: Remember the old question, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” and the perfect answer, “practice, practice, practice.” The more you prepare and practice for what you want to achieve you will, logically, become more competent and…more confident.
- Change a small habit: No one expects you to quit smoking in a day, but maybe you can start to cross the street only when the “walk” sign is on, or put your cell phone down while you are having a conversation. Accomplishing a small goal is a great way to prove to yourself that you CAN do it!
- Smile: This may sound like a silly way to boost self-confidence, but smiling is a great way to boost a positive attitude.
- Exercise: Get up and move around. Go for a walk or bike ride. You don’t have to go the gym every day, but a body in motion is much healthier for both your mental and physical being.
- Focus on solutions: Try to change your focus from the problem to the solution to the problem. Solving a problem is a great way to prove to yourself that you are capable!
- Become a “Mouseketeer”: Well, maybe not really, but keep in mind three famous Walt Disney quotes and make them your mantra:
- “If you can dream it, you can do it”
- “All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them”
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible”