As we all strive to make our lives better through healthier habits—whether it’s clean eating, exercising, reducing controllable stressors, tongue cleaning, striving for work/life balance—it is critical to our success that we approach life more mindfully. After all, you want to make this journey of life the best it can be…
But what is mindfulness? According to www.dictionary.com , mindfulness is “a technique in which one focuses one’s full attention only on the present, experiencing thoughts, feelings and sensations but not judging them. The practice of mindfulness can reduce stress and physical pain.”
It means awareness, and is critical to your achieving goals and a successful state of being. By being mindful, you can recognize the happiness you already have and choose to build on it. It should be enjoyable and as natural as breathing. It can help you unlock your potential and take you to the next level.
In our search for all things healthy and meaningful, the TUNG Brush and Gel team found a wonderful website on the subject of being mindful—amazingly enough, it is www.mindful.org, and it not only discusses the art and state of mindfulness, but provides some steps to achieve it. For example:
- Practice Mindful Breathing: know when you breathe in and breathe out. After a while, you will associate breathing in with peace and joy. After all, breath is life!
- Practice Concentration: be aware of your breathing and just focus on it with no interruptions. In other words, just breathe!
- Be Aware of your Body: now that you are aware of your breaths, focus on your whole body. Let each breath, in and out, make you aware of your entire self.
- Release your Tension: let your breathing out, regardless of where you are at the moment, release any tension that has built up in you. Angry at the driver ahead of you for not signaling? Breathe out! Let it go!
- Walk Mindfully: Breathe while you walk, so that you are aware of every step you take. Don’t take anything for granted!
The idea is to let your mind and body work together in harmony for a better you! Don’t beat yourself up for things…use every experience as a teaching lesson to let things go, be more positive and mindful. You will enjoy life so much more if you do! And you will find your journey to a better you so much more meaningful.